Call of the Wild - Notes on Patch for December 9th, 2009! Edit
- Dec. 08 2009
December 9th, 2009 at 5:30pm PST.
New Mercenary: Druid Edit
- A new mercenary, the Druid, has been added.
- The Druid is the first ‘A Class’ mercenary.
- The druid uses an axe and can be equipped with a powerful arsenal of magic:
- Forest Prison: Conjures up trees to surround an enemy, preventing them from attacking your allies.
- Beast’s Soul: Infuses allies with a beast’s soul, increasing their attack power.
- Enraged Beast’s Soul: A combo magic skill that activates when an ally under the effect of Beast’s Soul has War Cry cast on them, infuriating the beast’s soul and further increases your allies’ attack power.
- The Druid can be obtained by completing the Druid Recruitment quest.
- You can begin the quest by speaking with NPC Raging Wind in Coyote’s Valley.
- You must be level 100 or above to begin the quest.
New Dungeon: Grand Canyon Edit
- A new dungeon, Grand Canyon, has been added to North America.
- The minimum level required to enter the dungeon is 121.
- The recommended level to enter the dungeon is 128.
- A new quest has been added for the Grand Canyon.
- - You can begin the quest by speaking with NPC Sitting Bull.
- - You must be level 128 or above to begin the quest.
New System: Squads Edit
- The Squad system has been added.
- A squad is an alliance of parties that can include up to 30 players.
- Squads will be able to use Squad dungeons together.
- There are 3 ranks within a squad: Commander, Assistant Commander, and Member
- The Commander can use the ‘Check’ function to give all squad members 30 seconds to confirm that they are ready for combat.
- Refer to the in-game Help for additional information on privileges for each squad rank.
Squad Dungeon: Coyote’s Valley Edit
- Coyote’s Valley Squad dungeon has been added.
- Coyote’s Valley is located in the Grand Canyon.
- Up to 9 players can enter the dungeon.
- The minimum level requirement to enter is 100.
- The recommended level is 120.
- Each player can use 6 mercenaries (including the main character).
- [Chief’s Ivory Horn] is required to enter the dungeon.
- Chief’s Ivory Horn] can be obtained by exchanging items with NPC Merchant Mercurius.
- Only the Squad Leader can use the item to begin the dungeon.
- A quest which allows players to obtain some items necessary for recruiting and upgrading the druid has been added.
- You can begin the quest by speaking with NPC Earth-Listener.
- The quest will be reset every day between 6:00am and 7:00am PST, regardless of current quest status.
- You can obtain items required for recruiting a Druid from the dungeon rewards.
- Additional rewards will be provided automatically based on the amount of monsters defeated in the dungeon within the time limit.
- Coyote’s Valley has a 60 minute time limit.
- The cool-down timer for the dungeon is 40 hours.
New Competition: Colosseum League Edit
- A new competition, Colosseum League, has been added.
- Colosseum League was designed to allow players to battle fairly, regardless of level and equipment.
- Colosseum League will last for 60 minutes.
- You can participate in up to 7 battles per Colosseum League.
- Each battle has a 6 minute time limit.
- Experience will be granted for participation, but players will not receive Atlantis coins.
- Additional details are as follows:
- Effects of all equipment will be diminished.
- Attack Power and Evasion rates associated with the character’s level are not applied.
- All magic skills will be used at a set level.
- The maximum number of multiple hits is 3, and it will be possible to have 2 multiple hits even if the multiple hit rate is reduced.
- Accuracy and Dodge rates will be adjusted to be suitable for each mercenary.
- Vitality and Magic Power will be adjusted to be suitable for each mercenary.
- Magic Defense will be adjusted to be suitable for each mercenary.
- Attack Power, Defense, and Vitality of the main character will be higher than the mercenaries so that the main character will be more powerful than the mercenaries.
- Wins/Losses will not affect current division.
- Players will be matched against others within a 2 division range.
- You can now have up to 2 Beast Trainers, Oracles, and Janissaries in the same formation.
- The following changes to main characters have been made:
- Swordsmen will receive less physical damage during competitions.
- Spearmen’s Attack Power in competitions has been increased.
- Bow main-characters’ Attack Power has been increased in competitions. o Punisher mercenary can now be leased from Gladiator Proximo.
- You must be level 102 or above to lease a Punisher.
- The problem which occasionally caused the system to not find appropriate opponents during competitions, even if one was available, has been fixed.
- A new magic skill, [Crimson Blade], has been added for the Pirate.
- It causes severe damage to a column of an enemy’s formation.
- The range of the skill is increased as the Pirate upgrades.
- Crimson Blade [I] books can be obtained from monsters in Ghost Ship of the Caribbean nation dungeon.
- AP Decrease effect has been added to Hwarang’s Seal Instrument magic skill.
- Magic Defense Decrease effect has been added to Minstrel’s Seal Power Saw magic skill.
- Vitality Decrease effect has been added to Punisher’s Broken Arrows magic skill.
- Chaos Edge magic skill has been changed from dark type magic to flame.
- Flame Spear magic skill range has been increased from 1 row to 2 rows.
- Warrior’s Rage magic skill will now activate when at 75% health and below.
- Warrior’s Rage MP cost has been reduced.
- The AP cost of Arrow Cascade magic skill has been reduced from 200 to 170.
- Scorching Bullets magic skill damage has been increased in PvE battles.
- Devastation Shell magic skill has been changed from dark type magic to general.
- Devastation Shell’s defense reduction amount has been increased.
- Destructive Instinct magic skill will now activate when at 75% health and below.
- Destructive Instinct’s MP cost has been reduced.
- The graphical effect of Flame Blow has been modified.
- The graphical effect of Storm Blast has been modified.
- The minimum level requirement to enter all dungeons from Angkor Wat to Mysterious Saloon has been decreased by 5 levels.
- The number of monsters in Ancient Aztec City, Lijiang Women’s Village, Bulguksa, and Jiuzhaigou Ghost Town has been decreased.
- New flying monsters have been added in the following areas:
- Southeast Asia, Southern Europe, Northern Europe, Bran Castle, Yggdrasil, Constantinople Battlefield, and Frozen Adlivun.
- The Defense and Vitality of monsters in the following areas has been decreased:
- Frozen Adlivun, Dallas Lawless District, Silent Detroit, Ancient Aztec City, Lijiang Women’s Village, Bulguksa, and Jiuzhaigou Ghost Town.
- The appearance of the following monsters has been modified:
- Elizabeth, Dracula, Woeful Contessa, Incubus, Succubus, Servant, Lord Steward, Prison Officer, and Chief Prison Officer.
- Dracula’s attack type has changed from Spear to Staff.
- King Khufu’s formation has been modified (Sage Anubises changed to Gray Mummies).
- Deplorable Patients and Grudging Patients’ attack attribute has been changed from magic to gun type.
- Ancient Aborigines’ magic skill has been changed from Vortex to Fatal Strike.
- The problem which caused Ms. Pigling’s and Jeju Black Pigs’ Mass Attack magic skill to appear as black has been fixed.
- Tiamat, Shade of Tiamat, and Skuld’s magic skill has been modified.
- The Attack Power of projectiles (arrows, bullets, and cannonballs) has been improved.
- You can now double-left click an item to use it.
- An effect has been added when a Blessing License is in use.
- Atlas Ore's general uses and functions have been improved in the following ways:
- Clicking Atlas Ore will now open a menu of options
- The number of required Atlas Ore for increasing daily Quest Completion Bonus Experience and Competition Participation Bonus Experience has been decreased.
- You can now increase daily Quest Completion Bonus Experience 2 times per day.
- Atlas Ore can now be used to allow receiving of 2 additional Monster Origin Info per day. (1 increase grants 2 additional Origin Info shares per day).
- Atlas Ore can now be used to receive Bonus Fishing Experience an additional 1 time per day.
- Atlas ore can now be used to receive additional rewards for viewing competitions by 5 per day. (1 increase grants 5 additional competition observation rewards).
- +10 Phoenix equipment can now be exchanged with NPC Wild Cat for Dragon God’s equipment.
o Sealed Dragon God’s Equipment Boxes can now be obtained when exchanging boxes with Gambler De Mere.
- Sealed Dragon God’s equipment can be obtained from the boxes.
- The required level for repairing Dragon God’s equipment has been adjusted to be the same level as the craft requirement.
- Jackpot License [IV](30 days) and Jackpot License [V](30 days) can now be purchased for a fixed price from the Market.
- Weapon Repair Stone [V] and Armor Repair Stone [V] market fixed price has reduced to 1,000,000 gold.
- Sotheby’s Auction now has a chance to auction better quality equipment.
- Selection boxes have been improved.
- When opening a selection box, the interface to choose an item will appear next to the mouse cursor.
- Random boxes can no longer be moved in the inventory while it is in the process of being opened.
- Mentor Points can now be used to obtain the following items at NPC Pointry:
- Book of Experience [Adv] – 100
- Book of Highest Experience – 1000
- Ancient Skill Book – 10000 o Battle Points can now be used to obtain the following items at NPC Pointry:
- Health Check License (7 days) – 20000
- Auto-Battle License (7 days) – 20000
o Referral Points can now be used to obtain the following items at NPC Pointry:
- Book of Experience [Adv] – 100
- Book of Highest Experience – 1000
- Ancient Skill Book – 10000
- Riding Points can now be used to obtain a Snow Tiger from NPC Pointry at the cost of 1,500 points.
- Collection Points can now be used to obtain Sealed Phoenix’s Equipment Box from NPC Pointry at the cost of 3,500 points.
- The Collection Point costs for some items from NPC Pointry have been slightly increased.
- Some items’ value has been adjusted for the Jackpot system.
- The following equipment models have been tweaked slightly to improve their appearance:
- Assassin’s Helmet (Female), Changshan Costume (Male), Scarlet Horns (Male), Darkest Night Gauntlets (Female), Ocean Gauntlets (Female), Ocean Heavy Armor (Female)
- Guardian of Detroit quest has been added.
- The quest can be started by speaking with NPC Enrique Mas inside of the Mafia’s Office in Detroit City.
- You must be level 102 or above to begin the quest.
- Spartan’s Last Mission quest has been added.
- The quest can be started by speaking with NPC Cleomenes near Spartan Sanctum of Fighting Spirit.
- You must be level 105 or above to begin the quest.
- Guardian of Detroit Title Quest has been added.
- You can receive the quest from NPC Kleio.
- Millionaire Title Quest has been added.
- You can receive the quest from NPC Calliope.
- In order to level from 69 to 70 you must have completed Dmitri’s Devastated Bran Castle quest.
- If the quest is not completed the mercenaries can be leveled only up to 74.
- New quests were added to the following NPCs:
- Orban, Murat, Gaius, Erik, Amaqjuat, and Chief Notoqchen.
- NPC Lily’s quest, Saving Soul of the Punisher Recruitment quest, has been modified.
- Required [Agonizing Souls] reduced from 50 to 30.
- NPC Rolo’s quest, Legendary Polar Bear of the Gokstad Ship quest, has been modified.
- Changed requirement from Location Info on Frozen Waste Ruler Urs to Basic Info.
- The level 120 upgrade quest will now provide 3 Ringleader’s Room Keys and 3 Passes to Nether King’s Annex for crafting the Assault Mask.
o The Coded Warehouse has been changed to solo entry.
o The 3-Step Transformer can no longer be purchased from NPC Vending Machine.
o The drop rate and quantity of some quest items from Mysterious Saloon, such as Hexed Helm and Evil Tornado Palm Secrets, has been increased and the required quantity for their respective quests decreased.
- Some rewards for Endangered Chang-san Quest have been improved.
- Location Chat has been added.
- Location Chat will allow players in the same region to chat with each other.
- Your main character must be level 30 or above to use the Location Chat channel.
o You can now double click on a player’s name in the chat window to automatically open up a Whisper window with them.
o You can right-click on a player’s name in the chat window to open a menu with various options.
o The following system messages have been changed to now appear in the Notice window instead of the Chat window:
- Notice, Party Experience Distribution, Guild Notices, Nation Notices, Squad Notices, and Individual Workload progress.
- Disabling Nation chat should now function properly.
o The line spacing in the Whisper window has been increased to improve readability.
o Some issues that occurred when typing messages in the Whisper and Chat window have been fixed.
o 32 new emoticons have been added.
- You can view the emoticons and their respective shortcuts from the [My Info] menu - Expression - Expression tab.
- The portraits of Paganini and Sarasate have been changed.
- The formation shown when double-clicking Sparring Hall opponents has been fixed.
- NPC Livingstone’s list of wandering NPCs is now sorted in alphabetical order.
o Each mercenary’s basic magic attack range will now be displayed in the Merc. Book.
o The problem which caused some monsters to not display properly in the Monster Info book has been fixed.
o When displaying a monster’s formation from the ‘Details’ function, boss monsters’ names will now appear in red to make them more easily identifiable.
o The screen has been brightened slightly when in battle to allow for easier viewing of the inventory.
o When trading, you can now see the other player’s trade status easily.
o Help section has been added to the purchasing window of Medici’s interface.
o The congratulatory window that appeared when a rare fish was caught has been modified.
o The fishing window can no longer be opened when not in Hainan Island.
o The Atlantica Diary interface has been improved.
o When opening the Mailbox through a Note message, it will automatically take you to your Inbox.
o Shortcut icons on the left and right sides of the screen have been changed to display appropriately based on the character’s level.
o Unnecessary message boxes have been removed in the tutorial area.
o The Bonus Time announcement notice has been fixed.
- When the Guild Fund begins to run low, a message will be sent to all guild members.
o The message displayed for forfeiting town control has been changed.
o 300,000 additional residents have been distributed across all the towns for each server.
o When you receive 4x experience or more from the equipment analysis system, a congratulatory message will be sent to your community members (friends, guild, etc.).
o When you catch a rare fish, a congratulatory message will be sent to your community members.
- Buffs have been added to the following titles: - Greedy, Gambler, Jeweler, Performer, and Fartman o The minimum level to purchase Medici’s Gold Box from NPC Medici has been reduced to 95 from 100.
o The daily maximum gifts that can be sent to beginners have been changed to 10.
o The maximum amount of gold able to be gifted has been increased.
o The fee for sending gifts to beginners has been increased.
o Frank, a punisher, has been added as a new Arena participant.
o The magic used by Male Guitarist and Oracles at level 119 in the Sparring Hall has been adjusted.
o The chance of catching a rare fish has been lowered.
o Mercenaries up to C grade can now be viewed in the tutorial recruit window.
- Information on the mercenaries can be viewed, but they cannot be hired. o The Title buff bug has been fixed.