- If a character has 100 or more Action Power, they can perform an action.
- If a character has >100 Action Power, the Action Power number will be shown in green, Action Power number between 0 and 99 will be shown in yellow and red if the action power is -1 and less.
- Each action (Attacking/Moving/Magic) takes up a certain amount of Action Power (see list below).
- The maximum Action Power a character can have is 299.
- The minimum Action Power a character can have is -50.
- Each character has his/her own Action Power gain, some more than others.
- Each character gains a certain number of Action Power at the beginning of the player's turn.
- The default Action Power gained each turn, if the full formation is enabled, is 50. If some mercenaries are disabled, that number increases for the remaining characters.
- A stunned character cannot perform any actions, even if that character has >100 Action Power and won't gain any action power in the next turn if it's still stunned.
- At most 5 characters can perform an action each turn in normal combat, even if more than 5 characters have > 100 Action Power.
Actions and Their Action Power Costs: Edit
- Attack (A): Left-click (or press A) on an enemy to attack it using physical attack (using your weapon). Costs 100 Action Power.
- Main Magic Attack: Right-click on an enemy to attack it using your first/main magic attack. Action Power cost varies by skill.
- Magic Attack: Press the keyboard key of any magic skill (Q, W, E R or T), then left-click on an enemy to attack it using that magic attack. Action Power cost varies by skill.
- Friendly Magic use: Press the keyboard key of any magic skill (Q, W, E R or T), then left-click on an ally to cast beneficial magic on it (e.g. a heal or awaken). Action Power cost varies by skill.
- Guard (G): this puts the selected character into a defensive position and moves the focus to the next available character. Once a character is on Guard, that character's turn is over and another character cannot give the guarded character back their turn. Costs 50 Action Power. However, if the selected character does a guard and there's no other character in your formation that has equal or greater than 100 action power, it ends your turn.
- Wait (F): this skips a turn for the current character. Doing so loses no Action Power, but also does not give another character a turn.
- Move (D): move the selected character to a different position in the formation. Costs 50 Action Power.
- Search (S): Search makes the selected character search a dead enemy's body to loot it. Costs 50 Action Power.
- Search All (X): Search All makes for all active characters search dead enemies' bodies to loot them. Costs 50 Action Power/merc.
Even though Action Power is capped at 299, there appears to be no limit to how much it can drop, unless it is by being hit by the Spearman's Lightning Spear in which the lowest it can drop from it is -50 Action Power. Some abilities such as Deadly Strike can drop the character's Action Power deep into the negative. A character can still use an action if their turn is active even if it exceeds their current Action Power. For example: A Swordsman with 100 Action Power moves to a new spot (-50 Action Power) and then uses his Flame Sword skill (-150 Action Power) he is now left with -100 Action Power.
Decreasing Action Power Edit
There are a number of classes and skills that can decrease opponents Action Power:
- Dragoon's Flame Spear
- Spearman's Lightning Spear
- Taoist's Spirit Echo
- Shen Hong's Bloody Grasp
- Shadow Legion mercenaries' Drunkard's Iron Strike
- Necromancer's Blood Curse
Increasing Action Power Edit
There is not much you can do to increase Action Power besides waiting another turn. You can save up Action Power on a character over multiple turns (up to 299). However there are some skills that can increase the characters' Action Power, such as:
- Rin's Empowering Control (1 affected target only)
- Valkyrie's Quickening (5 characters, "+" range)
- Shaman's Brutal Will (3 characters, row)
- Oracle's Seth's Will (3 characters, row)
- Goddess' Divine Will (3 characters, row)
- Taoist's Burning Essence (up to 5 characters, cross pattern)
- Mage's Meditation (Self, Passive)
- Tarkan's Tarkan's Will (Self)
- Exorcist's Speed Cast (Staff mercs)
Don't confuse Action Power with Attack Power (AP).
Extra Character Turns Edit
There are features in the game that allow one additional character to move per turn:
- Some Mounts (Black Wind, Red Wind, Twilight Wind)